Shipping and Production Worker
at Verena Solutions
Verena Solutions is a medical device company that is committed to making dental offices more efficient and safer to work in. We manufacture dental safety needles, distribute personal protective equipment, and provide design, engineering and manufacturing services. We are looking to add motivated and driven individuals to our small team at our Chicago office.
Your primary role: You will be part of our small Operations team and responsible for various tasks ranging from shipping orders to manufacturing products to finding solutions. Given that we are a small team, we expect you to be flexible, proactive, and self-driven. With dedication and teamwork, you have the opportunity to grow within the company and pursue a career.
- Receive and inspect incoming materials and products
- Help keep track of inventory
- Ship customer orders on a daily basis
- Assemble products by performing a variety of repetitive tasks that require focus
- Check product for quality in every step of your work
- Learn new skills, for example: soldering, UV printing, and laser cutting
- Perform other related shipping, production and manufacturing tasks, as required
- Assist with other non-operations tasks such as folding boxes, taking out the trash, changing light bulbs, fixing stuff, etc.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Willingness to be part of a small team and operate in a very dynamic environment
- Comfortable with using laptops, printers, and other pieces of equipment
- Comfortable with using Microsoft Word, Excel and other standard office software
- Problem solving mindset
- Comfortable with both teamwork and independent work
- Ability to read and write, communicate problems, and propose solutions
- Focused, committed, and reliable work attitude (no phone use during shift)
- Follow instructions and perform tasks with attention to detail
- Embrace giving and receiving feedback
- Comfortable fixing equipment, preferably jack of all trades
- Lift up to 15 pounds, reach for objects, climb ladders, and sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Flexible working hours (8 hour shifts, Monday to Friday)
- Pay during 60 days trial period ($15/hour)
- Compensation: $20/hour up to 40 hours per week
- Up to $200/month toward insurance through BCBS of Illinois
- Occasional company lunches
- Access to mHUB, an innovation center for physical product development/manufacturing and ICNC’s manufacturing incubator community, Make City
Verena Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.